With the start of spring comes a load of delicious fresh ingredients perfect for jazzing up your Sunday lunch plate. Here's the menu we will be serving this weekend.
Roast Lamb Shoulder
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic bulb
- 200ml water
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 bunch rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 170C/150C Fan/Gas 3 and prepare a large roasting tray with a little olive oil and salt.
2. Cut the onion into six and the garlic bulb in half widthways. Scatter these in the bottom of the tray with a few sprigs of rosemary. Pour over 200ml of water and place the shoulder on top.
3. Take a small, pointed knife and pierce the meat 6 times (evenly spaced) and stuff each cut with half an anchovy fillet and a couple of rosemary leaves.
4. Rub the joint with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover with foil and roast the lamb for 3-4 hours, basting every hour or so with the juices. Two hours in, remove the foil and continue to cook until the meat is falling off of the bone.
Herby Baked Jersey Royals with Burrata
- 1.2 kg Jersey Royal potatoes
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 fresh buratta
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1/2 bunch chives
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 190˚C, 375˚F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a little salt, bring them to the boil and simmer until they are just cooked (about 15 minutes), drain and allow them to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, pour oil in a roasting tray and place in oven. When the oil is hot add the Jersey Royals, season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Roast for 20 minutes until they have a little colour.
4. Tip all the contents of the roasting tray onto a serving platter, stir through fresh chopped herbs and top with whole burrata just before serving.
Shaved Radish and Watercress Salad
- 80g bag watercress
- 1 bunch radishes (approx 4-6)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Use a mandolin (preferably) or a sharp knife if you don't have one to finely slice the washed radishes.
2. Wash the watercress and scatter onto a serving platter, toss through the slices of radish. Squeeze juice over just before serving.